Go-synth — My new project
My work required me to learn — quickly — new languages. This end of 2021, is around Go. You know, this fun blue pet from Google that aims to provide a refreshed codding experience while remaining close to the machine as the C language!
Well, moving from Ruby and Typescript with React, I should say that the rawness of Go is a big slap in your face! I could keep a long list of complaints but at the same time, I know that it is also a matter of “get into it for real”.
So instead of spending time explaining why I do not like Go, I’ve decided to force myself to use it — in a failsafe and fun environment of course!
It has been a long time since I wanted to code something related to Audio. I love the universe of DAWless music macking. I’m not devoted enough to learn playing the piano or guitar, but I love so much to jam on my Digitakt.
Most of the audio projects in GitHub are C++. Considering most audio standards from the 90s have been created in C++ at that time, it is sort of a legacy from the past. I did not want to be in there. But on the other hand, I did not want to face performance issues if the project will need to scale. So a Web app in TypeScript or some other modern languages seemed at a too high level of abstraction.
That is where Go and music entered into the game!
Wish me good luck!
I will try to post frequent updates here in order to provide me with a sort of “journal de bord”.
Meanwhile, you can see the code in Github/malparty/go-synth